Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whitefish Fillets with Baked Vegetables


     Today's lunch was simple and delicious! As always, I get the urge to create and take a basic recipe and make it my own. I thawed out 3 whitefish fillets in cold water, but you can do them overnight in the fridge if you want to prepare ahead of time. First preheat the oven to 425 degrees while you prepare the food. In a small baking dish, 9x9 I believe, I combined 2 tablespoons of olive oil, some garlic powder (I stink at mincing and dicing fresh garlic), a sprinkle of salt to suit our tastes, and maybe a tablespoon of basil, mixed with two tomatoes that I diced, 4 pieces of dino kale torn up into small pieces, and about 1 1/2 cup of broccoli cut up. Don't add the fish yet. Once you've combined the ingredients in the pan, place it in the over to cook for 15 minutes. Take it out, add the fish, and cover it with the veggie mix. Cook for another 7 - 10 minutes and voila! An absolutely delicious meal! It tasted amazing and was kid approved - my 5 year old ate it all. :)

     I love that it's quick and simple to make, and very healthy. And goodness was it tasty! It honestly surprised me how great it tasted. The flavor was wonderful and it was a great combination together. In all my meals I try to get in a variety of healthy and yummy foods. The great thing about a recipe is you can tweak it to suit your family and make it your own. Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment